This Pinot Noir is grown on the Graaff family farm high in the continental climate of the Witzenberg mountains on the Ceres Plateau. The farm is 960 meters above sea level, making it one of the highest altitude vineyards in South Africa.
Luscious red cherry, blackberry and pine needle notes pair with a long and velvety finish.
30% of the hand-picked harvested batch was destalked while the remaining 70% was whole-bunch fermented. Before fermentation, cold maceration was allowed for 4 days. The juice was inoculated with yeast and the fermenting must gently punched down twice a day using the aerated pump-over method. This ensures a longer fermentation period resulting in more color and flavor development. Following a gentle basket pressing, the wine was transferred to new French Oak barrels for malolactic fermentation before being transferred to a combination of older barrelsto mature for 13months.
Oak 12 months in French oak
Production 1,000 cases
Residual sugar 2.4 g/l
Certified sustainable. Vegan.